Monday, October 02, 2006

My sweet friend, Patrick Fleming


Patrick Fleming July 21, 1970 - September 23, 2006

I have lost a dear friend, Patrick Fleming.

Patrick and I became friends while at a summer camp for young gifted artists when we were 15 years old. We spent years as pen pals, writing and drawing and creating things for one another...trusting the mail would alter them in all of the right ways...and then safely deliver the creation to the other's doorstep.

Away at college we learned, traveled and continued to create.

Soon after graduating, Patrick began to travel the world of fashion as I painted walls and paintings.
We met celebrities, sat atop buildings in NYC, and never ran out of ways to inspire each other.

Patrick passed away in late September...it was his dear heart. I know...we will run together again someday.

I will miss his endless energy and original ideas. I will miss him dearly. Patrick's energy will continue to inspire me!

There will be a memorial service for Patrick at his apartment in Brooklyn on Saturday, October 28th from 2pm to 6pm.
Patrick's Memorial
330 Wythe #8A
Brooklyn, NY

0 comments: