Sunday, October 16, 2005

Kaleidoscope

Many people have been asking me if I am working for the Kaleidoscope program in Bowling Green. While my name still appears on the Kaleidoscope website and other printed materials, I am no longer with the program.

We were not able to come to an agreement on what my job responsibilties would be and I decided that it would be best for me to focus on my already busy schedule. Before exiting from the program, I was able to host Jen Foster at Spencer's Coffee House for an exciting workshop in songwriting. I was able to recommend Christopher Cherry and Rachel Clark for positions with Kaleidoscope. Last, but not least, I was able to help get information about leading Saturday workshops to many artists in the community.

Kaleidoscope is a Youth Development program currently offering arts programming. However, if the attendees decide arts are not what they have interest in, then the program could evolve into a sports program as suggested by Katrina Phelps with Kaleidoscope.

I am encouraged to see the attention focused on activities for youth in Bowling Green, KY, and hope many more groups like Kaleidoscope will evolve.

0 comments: